Lets get Hitchin on the map and help The Pilates Pod break the Guiness book of record!
As part of our one day fundraising extravaganza, we are calling on all Pilates, health and fitness enthusiasts and beginners alike to join us in a stretching and flexing attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the largest ever Pilates matwork class. Bring the whole family along and enjoy the Diddy Rascals Family Festival for the remainder of the day, all in aid of local charity, Humanitas.
When: Sunday 8th July 2018
Where: Hitchin Priory, Hitchin, Hertfordshire.
Time: Diddy Rascal family festival 11-7pm, 12-13.00 World Record – Largest Pilates class.
Fee: From £5 (free for under 18 months.) Fee includes your entry to the festival, and participation to the record attempt* Raise a minimum of £30 per person in sponsorship and receive a record attempt t-shirt and offical participation medal.
NB: please note you need to be over 7 years old to participate in the record attempt and your entry will only count towards the record if you participate for the full session. Any drop outs will be discounted from the numbers and you must participate in the full 55 minute session.
To be part of the world record attempt please select the free pilates option when purchasing your tickets so we can keep a tally on numbers!
The Pilates Pod in Hitchin will be making a very serious attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the LARGEST PILATES CLASS EVER! In order to do this, we need 3,500 fit and able bodies to participate!
We need you and your friends to be ready for a 12pm start in the grounds of Hitchin Priory. The class will end at 1pm, when you’re free to join the festivities at the Diddy Rascals Family Festival, with live music, giant inflatables, food stalls, bar and a packed programme of children’s activities.
Our aim is to raise over £50,000 for local charity, Humanitas. You can help us to achieve this goal by raising £30 in sponsorship for your Guinness World Record attempt!
General rules of participation:
- You must be 7 years of age or older
- If you are 7-14 years of age, you need a parent/guardian to participate with you
- You don’t have to have been to a pilates class before, but you do need to be generally fit and healthy with no injuries. Injuries or pregnancies are not accept as modifications cannot be given.
- Please bring your own matt or a towel
- It's a class of over 3,500 people so, as you can appreciate, we won't be able to correct your Pilates moves or help you on the day!
- We would kindly ask that you only register to attend if you are 100% sure that you will be able to join us. This is a serious attempt at the record and if you register, but don't show up, you could jeopardize the success of the attempt. You must also commit to the 55 min session for it to count.
- We need every single person to pre-register as you need a ticket to enter the grounds on the day. The registration system will automatically generate a ticket for you when you sign up.